“The homemaker has the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose only – and that is to support the ultimate career. ”
My Aunt Debbie made us a recipe book as a wedding gift eleven years ago. The recipe I’m sharing today was in that recipe book. D and I have been enjoying it since our first year of marriage:) It’s really easy to make, but such a great comfort food. I used to make it with beef, but have switched to ground turkey to make it a little lighter. It tastes great either way though!
Here’s how you make it:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Gather all of your ingredients-
1 Envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
2 lb ground beef or ground turkey
1 1/2 C dry bread crumbs
1/2 C water
1/3 C ketchup
3) Mix all ingredients together. Once it’s mixed well I put all of it into a 8×11 greased baking dish. You could also put it into two loaf pans, or in a cupcake tin to make mini meatloaves.
4) Bake For 1 Hour
5) Serve and Enjoy:)
My kids like to have some ketchup on their plate to dip it in. I prefer mustard myself.
Here are a couple things I do a little differently from the recipe sometimes:
1) Add Italian season to the breadcrumbs or use Italian bread crumbs.
2) I usually make my own bread crumbs from our whole wheat heels. I toss them in the freezer and once I have several I use the food processor to make them into crumbs. I keep them in the freezer until I’m ready to use them.
Weekend Wrap Up:
We had a rainy Saturday ending with church and a meal prepared to show appreciation to all the childcare workers. We had a great time chatting with friends, and the meal was really good!
Sunday we ventured out for a long walk to work out some of that pent up rainy day energy. It was the perfect weather for it!
We tried Jimmy Johns for dinner because we’ve been hearing so many great things about it.
I really like that they do lettuce wraps! Any kind of sandwich they have you can get in a lettuce wrap also. The sandwich itself didn’t blow me away. I guess I’ll always be a subway girl at heart:)
Sunday night I decided to try to do this strawberry hanging thing I found at wal-mart. When I say I did it, I mean I got it out, read the instructions and then handed it off to Derek with my sad “help me eyes.” 🙂
Such a good guy:) I hope this things works! We eat a ton of strawberries!
Monday-Grilled Stuffed Burritos
Tuesday-Spaghetti, Roasted Veggies
Thursday-Grilled Chicken, Fruit Salad, Corn on the Cob
Friday- Eat Out
Get MOPS craft organized by Wednesday
Rearrange the girls room
That’s all for today! Hope you have a Magnificent Monday!
Linking up with:
Make Ahead Meals for Melt in Your Mouth Monday!
Skip to My Lou for Made By You Mondays
This Gal Cooks for Marvelous Monday