Language is the apparel in which your thoughts parade before the public.
Well it’s been a while since I’ve done a “What I Wore Wednesday” post. Is what I wore really that big of a deal it the grand scheme of things? No. Not in the slightest. Then why do I do it?
1) Because I’m in a serious yoga pants rut, and in need of some motivation to actually get dressed!
2) Because what I wear and how I wear it actually does play a role in how I feel, and I think it probably does for you too.
3) Because I want to encourage women who are like me-in need of losing about 20 lbs-to not wait until you are at your goal weight to enjoy wearing something cute. I hear from so many women that they are going to go shopping once they reach a certain weight or have lost “x” amount of inches. I’m all for being healthy and in shape, but don’t be so hard on yourself! Live in the right now, just because you are not you’re own idea of perfection doesn’t mean you are not beautiful just like you are right at this moment. What’s my point? You don’t have to be a perfect size 2 to enjoy picking out a cute outfit. Says this size 9 lady right here!
4) I have curves, and I dress modestly-it’s possible! You don’t have to wear a moomoo either:) I’ll share some ideas about working with with you’ve got;)
5) I buy my clothes, for the most part, at Goodwill, Plato’s Closet, Target and TJ Maxx, Forever 21 (If I have a gift card.) You don’t have to spend a ton of money to pull something great together. I want to share some of the treasures I’ve found on the cheap:) Buy used and save the rest-thank you Mrs.Duggar for that wisdom:)
So with all that said, here are a few things I wore this past week:)
(This was a major splurge for me-I had some birthday money to spend) Gray shirt-Plato’s closet-4.00, Jeans-TJ Maxx-Found them on the clearance rack for 7.00
Had them a long time so don’t remember the price, but I know I got them on clearance 🙂
Here’s a better pic of the sweater. Shout out to Angie!! Thanks for coming to speak to our MOPS group last friday:))
I took a break from folding laundry to take this next pic. (Just because you’re staying home folding laundry doesn’t mean you can’t look good doin it;)
Cream Shirt-TJ Maxx
Jeans-Mossimo from Target
This is actually a wrap from a street market in South Africa. I got it almost 11 years ago on a missions trip. When I first got it I wore it kind of like a long skirt. These days it’s a scarf:)
I don’t remember how much any of this cost me, but I can amlost guarantee nothing was over 25.00.
Here’s a better pic of the top:
I don’t know what happens to me when warm weather hits. I lose all desire to fix my hair. From April-October I have it up most of the time. Maybe these posts will also inspire me to fix my hair.
A note to Apple shaped women(which is me-big on top smaller on bottom): wear tops that are not fitted at the bottom with a long tank that comes to your hips. It accentuates the lower body and doesn’t draw attention to the fluffier areas..
Let’s have a closer look at the shoes, shall we?
I love this green color! If you are wanting to buy sandals at Target go now! They run out of the cute ones quick. These were actually suppose to be my Easter shoes, but it was too cold that day. I’m making up for lost time:)
Nail Polish- Essie in Play Date
The girls and I picked this color out together and we all wore it on our fingers and toes on Easter. Girls are so much fun :)))
And now for today’s outfit, prepare to be impressed…
Like I said-I’m lovin the yoga pants these days. Some friends of mine are selling this shirt to help fund their now completed adoption from China. Click here if you would like to buy one!
The pants are from walmart-very comfy
I got them during a big Christmas in July sale for 6.99. I now watche for that sale every year to get my family crocs for cheap!
These flip flops are by far the most comfortable ones I have ever owned. I got them when I was pregnant with T (3 years ago) and they are still in great shape. That is saying something bc I wear them pretty much every warm weather day.
Well that’s all, happy Wednesday all!
Linking up at The Pleated Poppy for WIWW!
Rolled up Pretty for Whatever Wednesday